Sunday, October 16, 2016

Warning! Period post!

Good morning readers!

This post is about periods, again, because let's be honest, my period is something that should be discussed because not everyone has "normal" periods and mine are far from it....until now!

I got a lovely surprise Thursday morning without knowing it. My period tracker in my phone said I wouldn't get my period until November so I didn't think that it was going to happen...until it did.

I had no warning signs, which are typically food related or cramps. So before my period I often want cheese, chocolate, and baked goods. This time around not so much. I did devour a gluten free brownie but that's normal, I love them. So when I woke up with it, I was shocked! I had no cramps and no bloating. I felt a little chubby but felt like I was just having one of those days. Well turns out, my body didn't cramp this period, AT ALL. I'm on day four and I haven't had an episode with my endo. I cannot believe I am even writing these words. In 21 years of having my period, I have suffered from cramps due to my illness. I have never had a completely cramp free month, until now. I don't know why or how or what on Earth made it this way but it is this way. I brought my meds just in case and even toyed with having my doctor call in a Rx to CT but I didn't need it.

I'm sitting here thinking "it has to happen" because I expect to it happen. But it hasn't. I am so grateful to have a hassle free period this month.

I'm so grateful for this particular period and crossing my fingers that this can be the new normal.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment